Monday, August 2, 2010


Old Tom Foolery makes great cards, living up to their motto of "Unsappy, Uncrappy greetings and more." The cards all have a definite heft to them, with the words deep set for that authentic letterpress feel: the reason so many of us are enamored with letterpress is because of the tactile benefit: the luxurious feel of luxury. These cards are all on thick "tree-free" cotton. Since tacos are my favorite of all foods, the "I'm in the mood" card was essentially a marraige of my two greatest indulgences: cards and tacos. It's exactly my type of humor. Ok, so I prefer the tacos at Mayhuel to Taco Bell- but cards are meant to be written on and customized.

Old Tom Foolery has a whole like of asterisk cards- they all work really well too. Highlights:

Headline:
Kiss me.*

Footnote:
*But brush your teeth first.

Headline:
Happy Graduation!*

Footnote:
*Welcome to the real world, sucker.

Headline:
I miss you.*

Footnote:
*It’s been so long, I’m starting to forget what you look like. Sure hope you’re not ugly.

It's a fun site to go spend some time on, with many line extensions- go find an uncrappy greeting.















No comments:

Post a Comment